We’re back! I hope you all had a wonderful, safe and happy new year. We were pretty low key around here, but we had good friends around us and it was a lovely night. To start of RWW for 2019 Brenda Margriet said, This is the time of year to set goals. But I think it is important make sure those goals are realistic and achievable, or all we do is set ourselves up for failure. What achievable goals are you setting for yourself this year?
I admit it! I am a goal setting maniac. It’s a problem. LOL…. I love to set them. I strive to achieve them. I get excited when I can check one off. Here’s what I don’t do… I don’t make myself crazy when I can’t make something happen. Often our goals change throughout the year. We have to shift things or rearrange our priorities as life takes us one way or another.
For instance: Last year I wanted to sell a particular series to my publisher. They didn’t want that series, but they did want another book in my Everton Domestic Society series and the do want another series from me. It’s not quite what was on my little index card from last January, but it’s pretty awesome anyway. So I shifted my goal, and I’m still happy.
For instance: Last year I wanted to sell a particular series to my publisher. They didn’t want that series, but they did want another book in my Everton Domestic Society series and the do want another series from me. It’s not quite what was on mlittle index card from last January, but it’s pretty awesome anyway. So I shifted my goal and I’m still happy.
This years list is long and daunting. It includes some old favorites like:
- Reading more books. My goal is 75 this year. With the house building and the moving, it will be ambitious.
- I also want to move in and get organized.
- Of course: eat better, exercise more, lose weight… They always make the list.
- We haven’t had a “real” vacation in a long time, so that’s on my list.
Then I have the business goals:
- Publish Everton #3 and #4 – A Lady’s Virtue will be out on March 19 and A Lady’s Past will be to my editor early next week. 😀
- I want to write a holiday book.
- I need to figure out what to do with the series my publisher didn’t want.
- I need to be a better marketer and sell more books so I can afford to write more books. LOL
- Of course, I have to think of a great new series to write for all for you.
Here’s the biggie: I want to create something special within the reader/writer world. I’m taking ideas for this one. Drop me a line, if you have an idea.
I have more, but I don’t want to bore you too much. LOL What’s on your list for 2019? I’d love to hear.